Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Another introduction of sorts...

Missionary work is the most amazing kind of work out there. I promise you this. You may be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, or a chef at the local Mickey Ds, or a begger on the corner of Temple Square, or a professor at a university… but I promise you, missionary work is the best work out there, and as a full time missionary we don’t even get paid. “Wait… what? You are doing this for 1 ½ years straight and you don’t get paid?” Indeed… no paycheck received here. All volunteer.
Why? Why would someone dedicate 1 ½ years of prime dating time to do this work? Well, the truth is God lives. He loves us. He has restored His Gospel and Church to the earth by once again calling a living prophet to the. This knowledge makes me happy and I want this pure joy to be spread to everyone, everywhere. I echo Nephi when he said “And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day.” So, I am working for that.
If you have any questions about these teachings, please, please ask. Please. As a full time missionary I have plenty of time to look up answers. Also, the helpful links on the side to both mormon.org and lds.org allows you to search out answers.

Reading for the next couple of days: 2 Nephi 33

No comments:

Post a Comment