Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fruit of a Prophet

Jesus Christ said when speaking about prophets to come, "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." How important this instruction is from the Savior. He knew that in these days more prophets would be called, but there would also be "false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." He told us a way to distinguish false prophets from true prophets.

The Book of Mormon is the fruit of the prophet Joseph Smith. If Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God, the Book of Mormon is truly ancient scripture that testifies that Jesus is the Christ.

An apostle today, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland explained in a recent General Conference the importance and the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.



I know the Book of Mormon is true because I have read it and prayed about it. I also know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. As missionaries we are here to invite all to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. If you have not, you can get a free copy here and ask me any questions you may have.



“Through all of these years critics have tried to explain it. They have spoken against it. They have ridiculed it. But it has outlived them all, and its influence today is greater than at any time in its history.” — President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008), 15th President of the Church

2 comments:

  1. I MISS YOU!
    Thank you for your enlightening posts, Sister Harris. You are so insightful and always seem to touch on the things I need to read on the day I need to read them.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sister Harris! I thought I'd say hi since I found a letter I wrote a really long time ago, but obviously never sent it. Thanks for posting this video--I hadn't watched it yet, and it is awesome. The Book is true! Looks like you're doing well up there. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete