Monday, April 4, 2011

General Conference at Temple Square


General Conference is one exciting event for missionaries at Temple Square. We had trainings, we had goals, we prepared ourselves physically and spiritually... even with all that it was hard to feel truly prepared.

Over two days more than 100,000 people sat in the conference center to listen to the prophet and apostles. Those that couldn't fit in the Conference Center were scattered across the square... some literally scattered across the lawn and others in the theaters.

We had the opportunity to talk to hundreds of members. We discussed why they traveled so far to get here, why they enjoyed conference, who they looked forward to hear speak and whose talk struck them the most. Their answers regarding their favorite speakers differed greatly, but the reason they traveled to Salt Lake City, the reason they stood in the rain and snow waiting for tickets, the reason they were excited to be there, was generally the same.
"To hear the prophet speak".
I know that God has called a prophet to the earth. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior, that He lives. I know His Gospel is on the earth and I have the great blessing of teaching it to all I meet.

If you haven't had the opportunity yet of watching General Conference, do not dismay, it is available online! Watch it here and answer me this, what was your favorite talk?

This weekend was tiring. Long days, not much sleep, many people to talk to. Conference at Temple Square was hard work, but the most amazing work, the Lord's work.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I remember the first time I heard the prophet speak in person. It was a really amazing experience, even though I'd seen him on television my whole life.
    There's something so special about seeing the Lord's mouthpiece on earth.
    And you were there! Ah, our freshman year was full of so many awesome things.

    ReplyDelete